Tuesday, September 6, 2016

This Week: Effective Peace Activism


"Give me a lever and a place to stand . . . "

Every week I write a post to broadly summarize what I'm working on right now.

Fall is here, and every year I get a rush of energy when fall arrives. I feel like there's no limit to what I can do.

But, of course, there's so much each of us could do . . . the challenge is to make choices about where to put our time and energy.

I spent a lot of time over the summer thinking about how valuable it would be if every person involved in the peace movement dedicated themselves to the question, "How can I be more effective?"

For instance, that was the idea behind the suggestion to carve out 100 hours to get away from the election 2016 noise and think about your peace work.

That's also what led me to organize a list of key September peace events. We can't all be everywhere. But are there highly efficient ways to engage with, benefit from, and boost peace events -- even if they're happening far from where you live?

I think social media offers HUGE opportunities for increased effectiveness. Last week I wrote a little piece of agitation for faith-based activists on the topic of social media. This week perhaps I'll get into a little more detail about effective tactics . . . .  (Yes! seeSuggestions for Successful Twitter Activism!)


What's on your mind this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment